Totaal aantal pageviews

woensdag 30 maart 2011

Comeback.

So my back is well hurtin', y'all.

This is because I lifted too many bags today at work. I didn't follow the advice of a colleague, which was to make passengers move their own damn luggage. Me, with my overdone British sense of customer service (load of buggery bollocks), managed to hurt my back so now my muscles ache. It's not that bad, but I feel compelled to moan about it. Maybe I am becoming Belgian...

As for the "y'all" (which a uni friend of mine tried to tell me once that it is a perfectly acceptable 2nd person plural pronoun - I don't even care if the grammar books say it is correct, I still say it's bloody buggery bollocks. I mean, whoever translated "vous" from French, "vosotros" from Spanish, or "jullie" from Dutch into "y'all"? No-one, that's who, and if they have, they should be shot), I'm decided whether or not I'm going to have to tone down my jokey anti-american attitude. Sometimes I mean it, but most of the time I don't. I've met my fair share of Americans and they're fine, really, with a couple I would say are really cool. Anyway, this is because I'm going to be starting a training course at work to work with US Airways.

I've got these booklets of info about customer service and smiling, which I'm sure will defnately make for an interesting mind-numbing read.  Tomorrow is my last day of 4-hour shifts, as my contract was upgraded so I work 75% of full-time (which means a smooth 6.5 hours a day. Sweet.

On an unrelated note, my sister Sarah and her boyfriend Jordan are setting off on Saturday on their trip around the world for a whole year! I'm so jealous and can't wait to get out there myself.  They have started a blog which I'm hoping they will update as well and as often as they can, so for your interest, here it is:


http://jordansarahadventure.blog.co.uk/

Life is going well at the moment, I had a good day at work today, although I had a slight run-in with a passenger who had too much baggage that I really couldn't overlook. I told her she could pay a surcharge, but she didn't want to for her own reasons. She then tried to get other people she didn't know to take one of the packages she had. I told her she couldn't as it is against security rules. She then proceeded to ask the man checking-in next to her if he would take it. He accepted, but of course I couldn't let that happen. Suffice to say the situation became awkward with her asking just about every other passenger, trying to get them to take the package. It's quite simple - you don't do it. It was interesting to talk to at least 3 other passengers who were disappointed that I wouldn't let them accept the package of this stranger they had just met. In the end, a complete stranger who had taken his friend to the airport for the same flight, exchanged numbers with her and agreed to take her package home with him. Problem solved. Despite her being a little upset with me that I didn't just let her take it, it was still nice (in a way) to see how people in her community came together and helped her.  All I can say is that I have rules to follow, otherwise I lose my job. Not gonna happen, love.

People roll their eyes when you ask "have you packed this bag yourself/have you accepted anything from a stranger to take with you?" etc. I mean, who would do that?

As for the title of this post, (I almost forgot to mention) I will be making a guest appearance on a local radio station, thanks to a mate from work who has her own show there. There's another show where they interview djs and play their mixes, and yours truly will be rocking the radio waves on the 23rd April, on Spits FM. The interview will be in Dutch, which will probably end up being the comedy highlight.  Still looking forward to it though, as I'm thinking about getting back into the whole djing malarkey... stay tuned.

1 opmerking:

  1. Congratulations! It was just a test.
    You passed the first US Airways examination.
    The demanding "hysteric baglady test".

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen