Totaal aantal pageviews

donderdag 10 februari 2011

Quoi 2 9?

Well.

I know it's been, like, two months (and a bit) since my last blog post (and I've only made about 3 so far, so not the best start to a blog) but I'm ready to get back into it. Let's see how far we get...

First thing's first - Ik woon nu in Brussel/Maintenant j'habite à Bruxelles.

Andy came to visit last weekend, and we stumbled upon the best Embassy in the city.

I was staying for a while at my mate Basia'a apartment, who had fled to Oz for a month leaving me to look after her mentally ill dog. 
Let me rephrase: Basia went on holiday for a month to visit her family and friends back home, and I volunteered to look after her sweet but scared dog so I could stay in Brussels and look for a place of my own.
The reason for the two explanations is because both are true, but the reality is somewhere between the two and I haven't the energy to choose my words carefully.



So now, I have a new apartment after having moved in on Saturday. It's on the north side of the inner ring (lol), on the Boulevard d'Anvers/Antwerpselaan. It's pretty funky, although sometimes I feel like my apartment is a cross between 80s glam and charity shop chic. It's warm, dry and comfy which makes me happy and in a great location. It's also a great location for tranny hookers, which is a downside for me, but a pluspunt for the men that are seeking the manlady of their dreams.

Special thanks to the chippy around the corner for providing me with a new place to get some good chips outside of Antwerp. The guy even speaks Dutch, which is just prima. I just have to remember not to look at his hands when he's wrapping stuff up, as they are a special type of minging. Maybe it's from the fat burning him - don tek me wrong, but it meks me gip.

I've also started teaching English part time. It was a shakey start, but I think I'm gettting into it. Although I was pissed off when one of my students didn't turn up today - I wouldn't mind, but I teach them one at a time, so I had to wait for my next one.

While waiting for the next student, I made a quick visit to a nearby cafe, in which I had a pleasant experience on a previous visit. However, I had to send back the bacon sandwich I ordered... as the bacon was not cooked. I mean, really. A raw bacon sarni? I asked the girl if she could fry my bacon and she was surprised that I didn't want to eat raw pig.  She had put me in the unfortunate position of having to explain that in England we fry our bacon, and even eat it with a brown sauce (no apologies to the retards who have bacon sarnis with ketchup). After conceding that my way was better (she didn't, but my way is better), she brought me back a pleasant enough bacon sandwich with a refreshing cup of Earl Grey.

Then I went to teach my second student who did turn up. I have had a few problems with this one, as he won't let me teach him the stuff he needs to know, insisting he already knows it. I give him some examples to do as I know he will make mistakes, just to prove to him that I vaguely know what work I need to do with him. After dragging him through some modal verbs, various tenses, moods and other such grammatical delights, we finally got onto some good stuff today and I think we are going to be alright. This is mostly thanks to Basia who gave me some tips on difficult students and cool games and tools to use to engage with them. I said to my Dad last night if I gave up on him, I might be poorer but I'd be happier. On second thoughts, I think I'd just end up being unhappy about the lack of money.

Anywho, tomorrow I have a day off before a weekend at the airport. Tomorrow night there is a party for everyone who works in the airport. I wasn't going to go, but some other workmates are going who also have to work on Saturday morning, so our plan is to go straight to work afterwards at 6.30am. Don't worry, I'll keep it classy.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten