Totaal aantal pageviews

dinsdag 22 februari 2011

"Pass me a tissue, Wing Commander..."

... an hilarious line from the film "Personal Services", starring Julie Walters in a portrayal of a brothel Madam loosely based on the life of Cynthia Payne. It's a great cult classic that I have enjoyed since I was introduced to it when I was around 16-17. It makes me feel good and reminds me to remember to be myself when I'm feeling a bit down. Also, I really felt like watching "Kinky Boots", but I don't have that on DVD yet and didn't want to watch some jumpy grainy copy online.



I watched this around lunchtime, as I had some free time. This morning I recieved an e-mail from the annoying student saying he could no longer carry on with his English lessons as he had to finish his thesis. I do believe him as most of the time he has been on the phone with his tutor from Turkey begging for extensions and what-not. The only thing that pissed me off is the money that I'll be losing out on. Grrrr.

After I had finished watching Personal Services, I decided to take a walk and do something with my afternoon. I'm glad I did, as I stumbled upon a farm - which is situated more or less across the road from me, in Brussels, in the city.





Unfortunately my camera ran out of battery after I took the last photo of the roosters. There were also some really friendly sheep, goats, lots more poultry, deer (I think... they had antlers), a peacock, and that's about what I can remember. It was a nice little detour on my way to the Basiliek/Basilique.

There's quite a nice view from the top of the steps; I went inside, which was okay. It's quite modern really.


Anyway, it was a nice walk up there. You can see it from the front of my apartment so it's been intriguing me for a while. It wasn't a disappointment when I got there, it just didn't meet my expectations. I thought this when I got there, and realised I could probably apply that perspective to my time in Belgium. It hasn't been exactly what I thought it would be. However, I don't know if I ever really knew what it was going to be like. I never knew what uni would be like, or my year abroad in France and Spain, until I actually got there. Maybe this time it's just wierd because I'm not living the student dream. I can't get away anymore with missing that 9am lecture and turning up at 10am instead, just because I went out the night before and was a bit rough. More often than not I have to be at the bloody airport for 6.30am now! Life is different now.

Having said that, I'm not unhappy about it. I was on Skype to Rich last night and was telling him how I feel really good when I'm at work. I hate leaving because I've got shit to worry about in the real world. At the airport I can just concentrate on work and even have a good time doing it with my workmates.

For those coming to visit me in the coming months, here is a photo of where you will be staying:

My building is the one slightly left of centre with the curved roof.
It really was a lovely day - bit chilly later on though.

It has to be said I'm missing my friends and family a lot at the moment. I'm also quite lonely in my apartment at the moment, as Paul is barely here. I don't think he's adapting well to living away from home, which is wierd as he's lived away from home in different countries - that's how we met! I hope he doesn't regret it. On the other hand, I enjoy immensely curling up on the couch with a duvet and watching various DVDs/boxsets. I might have a beer tonight that my sisters and Jordan left in the fridge. 9 days and counting, till I hit the geilest city of them all.........

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten