Totaal aantal pageviews

zaterdag 26 februari 2011

The land that Government forgot.

"Remember, all that takes to kill a man, is one well aimed blow..."

A line from the BBC drama about Merlin (I think it's called "Merlin" or something) which is being shown on 2BE. I know this because I now have TV! That line is a quote as well, no joke.

Paul came round today with a long cable so we could connect the TV. I've programmed it, but unfortunately there are far too many French-speaking channels for my liking. Nevermind, 2BE shows Glee tonight at 19.45 and that's Dutch-speaking so it won't be dubbed over :)






I just made wedges, and I am eating these as I type. Very tasty indeed, especially with the Curry ketchup.  I did plan to do some laundry today, but I'm having one of those lazy days. After work yesterday I went to meet up with friends as it was Nebojsa's birthday. They had been for a meal at Publico (a lovely little place I took my sisters to) and I met them there for a few glasses of bubbly after I had finished work before going on to Belgica. It was really crowded but we had a laugh, and later we then went onto the Box for a boogie.

I have some great photos from last night, most if not all of which will not be making it to Facebook or this blog as they are truly frightful, with many unintended upskirt shots.

Anywho, only two more days of work on Monday and Tuesday, then I'll be off to Berlin on Thursday. It will be so nice to see Catherine and Lukas, and I hope to see Holly and other Lucas.

I got paid yesterday, which made me happy as I can start paying off my debts. I just owe Jen and my Mum and Dad some dough, which I should have paid off within a month. It's hard at the moment as I'm only working part-time and only have enough to pay my rent and live quite comfortably. However, this doesn't allow me to save any money which is what I want to do, so maybe I can go and travel a bit next year. I'm so excited for Sarah and Jordan to go and see the world and can't wait to be able to do it myself. It's wierd though as I get paid here in two installments: a voorschot or "advance" of around 30% (I think) at the end of the month, then I get the rest on the first friday of the next month - so I get the rest of my wage on Friday while I'm in Berlin. Sorted. Although it's a bit of a silly way of being paid. I don't know anywhere else that pays in this way, although my old part time job at Woolies used to be a bit complicated when working out the overtime. Nevermind, it's Belgium after all. Nothing ever seems simple.

Which brings me to how pissed off I am about STILL not having recieved my SIS Kaart OR my address confirmation from the town hall. Belgium is really pissing me off in regards to this. I'm going to have to phone up my mutualiteit to ask them what the hell is going on, which isn't going to make me happy.

Oh yeah, and we still don't have a government. Joke.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten